Thursday 9 August 2007

Emotions* - Destiny's Child

As i boarded the bus late last Monday nite which would take me onto the tarmac and to the EasyJet aircraft flying me to London, i was suddenly overcome by emotions. It was almost stiffling.

On the one hand, i missed the wonderful Romanian people tremendously - after all, i worked, played, ate and lived with Dani, Diona, Andra and Delia every day i was there.

And i had just said goodbye to me team-members, fellow workers for Christ, who were to board a later plane to return home to M'sia. I hardly knew some of them before the trip but we bonded so much in those 12 days or so.

I also felt a little twinge of envy as they could go back home and be with their families and frens. I missed me family and me mates. And i felt so tired.

But at the same time, i was going "home" too - me home in Colchester and in London! After 6 months, i've the chance to be back again and see me mates once more!!!

Still, in the midst of the excitement, there was fear - what if things are not the same again? What if i've drifted apart from me mates here?

It was one thoroughly emotionally-confused puppy who finally boarded the plane and fell asleep...

*Their brilliant cover of Samantha Sang's version (backed-up by the Bee Gees), which was written by Barry and Robin Gibb

No comments: