Sunday 14 September 2008

I don't feel like dancing* - Scissor Sisters

I should feel like dancing!



First victory against them at Anfield in SEVEN years!


First victory against them in 9 premiership matches!

First victory against them in the Premier League in 4 years!

It must have been a moment which a lot of Liverpool FC fans have been dreaming of - for at least 4 years!!!

I should feel like dancing!

Yet, that moment seemed elusive in the early minutes of the game. Man Utd's record signing had an early chance. Yet, the warning signs weren't heeded and a horror lapse less than 4 minutes into the game saw the Devils take the lead.

As it is, even before the game started, the signs weren't good. Their tops scorers were both on the bench. And even if they came onto the pitch, how would they perform, both having just barely recovered. Where would the goals come from? Robbie Keane?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Sorry. Let me pick meself off the floor first.

Yet, they managed to get a victory. In the second half, Liverpool FC totally controlled the game. And they were rewarded with the winning goal due to sheer determination - and a slice of luck.

I should feel like dancing!

I didn't believe it would happen. Honestly, i expected all the Man Utd fans to jam my Facebook wall on Sunday with taunting messages as they have done so in the past. Yes, how rude!

Keane was totally off. At least Kuyt had a few close chances. But the turning point for me - the moment that i started to believe - and smell victory - was when a wayward pass from Anderson to Giggs drew looks of disgust from both players. i knew then that frustration was creeping into their game. I knew then that the efforts of the Liverpool players were reaping its effects. Sure enough, a moment of madness from their most experience player on the field, Giggs, led to LFC's winning goal!

I should feel like dancing!

So there you have it! A sweet victory! A deserved victory! Fans were dancing in the stands, and especially at the Kop end.

Yet, i did not feel like dancing at all. I must admit i was tempted for a briefest of moments to send out taunting messages to me mates on Facebook who are Man Utd fans. But i would not lower meself down to their level.

Heck, i wasn't even moved to tears at the sound of the fans singing "You'll never walk alone".

What was wrong with me???

I don't know. Perhaps the events in my wonderful country here has cast a dark shadow over everything else - yes, it's so bad that even a victory over Man Utd cannot do anything to lift me spirits.

Sigh

*Their first single from their 2nd album, this was written by Elton John who also played the piano in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed laughing at the own goal even though i support neither united nor l'pool. it still makes me laugh. hiiiiiilarious..

imissw said...

actually, i found giggs trying to shield the ball out but to have it stolen from under his nose to be funnier!

hehe.