Wednesday 25 August 2010

Shattered glass* - Britney Spears

It promised to be a good nite. I was hungry - only had a RM1.69 burger from Carrefour for brunch - and i was going to meet up with tGiF. We were also gonna check out wedding bands.

It din start off good, tho. I could hear the sounds of car honking even as i got into my car. As i drove out of the underground carpark, i was greeted with a super long standstill jam. Inside the campus. =(

It took me around 45 minutes just to get out of the campus. Even then, the road to the LDP was jammed-up too.

I kept meself entertained by listening to the radio, reading and taking pics using me mobile. Here are a couple which turned out not too bad.





Finally, i got onto the Damansara-Puchong Highway. As i drove past an electronic signboard, i was greeted with the announcement that the time to break fast is 7.24 pm. I glanced at my car clock and it was indeed 7.24, exact!!!!

It was good news cuz that meant the highway would be clear - and it was! So i drove happily down the highway, thinking of wat to eat for dinner with tGiF. Then suddenly, it happened. Out of the blue - there was a loud 'crack', i shouted out in surprise and my vision went blurred completely!!!!

In a split-second, i realised what had happened - my windshield cracked up. There were tiny pieces of glass on the dashboard but the windshield did not break into pieces. You can see it in the pics below:-







Still, it was very scary. I hit the hazard lights, made my way onto the slow lane and tried to ease out of the highway. The windshield made crackling sounds all the time and i was afraid it would just break into a millions pieces anytime and i would be covered with shattered glass all over me.

As it was dusk, visibility was low - and the cracked up windshield made it all the more hard to see the road. I called up my mechanic who instructed me to drive over to his workshop, assuring me the windshield would not break up.

It was quite an effort to drive to the workshop - altho thank God, it was just down the highway not too far away. The place where i stopped was near St Ignatius church and the workshop was near Atria Shopping Complex. Interestingly, the last time my car broke down, it was also near St Ignatius church!!!!



But thank God the traffic was light and i made it safely - altho i almost ran into a bike which was going on the wrong direction and was completely not visible to me until the last moment.

It was a scary incident - it could have been worse. I could have ended up with more than just a new windshield bill. I still dun know wat happened, whether it was a stone or did the windshield just spontaneously cracked-up. Some even suggest perhaps it was due to spirits?

What ever it was, i thank God for protecting me. Perhaps it was good that i was stuck in the jam initially for so long - this was because when i finally got onto the highway, the traffic was quite light.

I thank God oso that he kept me in high spirits and good mood. The incident may have spoilt our plans for the night but tGiF and i still had a great time over dinner - and i managed to buy some good stuffs at Atria after dropping my car there! =)

*Track no. 5 from her 6th studio album, Circus.

No comments: