Thursday 18 November 2010

Runaway train* - Soul Asylum

So everyone was watching Harry Potter! Since we din get tickets in advance, we decided against sitting in the front row of the cinema and opted to watch another movie. I had been wanting to watch Unstoppable but was stopped from doing so due to my recent trip to India. But I was determined to be unstoppable this time!!!!



It was great!!!!! Thrilling edge of the seat excitement for most parts of the movie. It was just like a rollercoaster ride – the initial part was slow but filled with so much anticipation of wat was to come. When the first dip came, it was a wonderful ride all the way to the end!

Someone was commenting online that it was such a waste to get such talented actors and crew to take part in a movie like this that will not be remembered – unlike classics like Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Dead poet’s Society, Love Actually, The Godfather etc.

True. I doubt I would enjoy watching it again. It won’t be terrible but it just won’t be as good anymore.

But does that make this a bad movie? No. Far from it. Well, it depends on wat u want. For me, I wanna go to the movies and be entertained in that 90 to 120 minutes. I want to be taken to another place and thrust into an exciting situation. I wanna be able to feel the fear, the adrenalin, the sadness, and most of all the joy. This movie gave me all that – and with change too! For that, I loved it.

Sure, it will not go into my records as among the best movies I have watched. But I had a great time and it was worth every penny!

And well done to Denzel Washington too. used to be a huge fan - then after a while, got a little tired of him. But this year, he came back with 2 movies which really won me over - this movie and The Book of Eli! Good stuffs!

*Won the Grammy for best Rock song in 1994 and propelled the group to fame.

No comments: