Friday 19 August 2011

Look away* - Chicago

I'm just so mad!!!!

It may seem to be a small thing but perhaps this is the straw that breaks the camel back!

The staff room i'm in is not that big. We've all been here, some for almost 20 months! We all know each other here - even if you just joined recently.

The corridors are not that wide - there is hardly a gap of 6 inches when we walk pass each other.

What irks me is that these people (no, not the Law School lecturers, of course) can just walk pass me and look away!



Is it so hard to say "hi", or "good morning"? Fine, even if you dun want to say anything, will it cost you so much to just smile? Or even look at me and give a formal nod???

I feel like an idiot, looking at them with a wide smile and they just look away and pretend i'm not here.

Sure, i'm not a white guy - but that just shows how shallow certain lecturers can be - they'll be so frenly with my expat fren but totally ignore me cuz i am a Malaysian!

Is it any surprise that their students are some of the worst mannered ones on campus?

Pathetic!

But i'm not gonna let them win - i'm gonna be even more proactive, perhaps even standing in their just to stop them so that i can greet them. But is this gonna be worth the effort? Sigh...

ADDENDUM

I checked with my expat colleague and i stand corrected. He tells me he experiences the same too, people just looking away. Sad-eh?

*Quite different from their other hits - lead vovals was Champlin, not Cetera, and it did not feature much horns. Still, one of my fav Chicago songs as it was a hit during my form 6 days.

3 comments:

♥ BabyRachel ♥ said...

awww. nvm i'll definitely shout hi everytime i see you sir. hahaha

imissw said...

But you always greet me when u see me! I'm referring to those who see me almost everyday but dun!

They should learn from u, eh?

♥ BabyRachel ♥ said...

Greeting is not enough now. Need to shout warm greetings. Haha. Definitely. I'm such a good role model for everyone. Lalala.