Saturday 13 October 2012

Open window* - Sarah Harmer

My car's front passenger seat window has been like this for the past couple of months:-



You may wonder why - well, the power window is busted (like every other Proton car, i guess). So why dun i go get it fixed? I did! But it's gonna cost a bomb - and since i'm gonna sell the car off, it's just not worth it. I'm selling it to my mechanic so he just told me to use duct tape to hold it up for now!!!

The problem is that the sale has been delayed (long story - another time) so i've been using up quite a bit of duct tape to hold up the window.

Needless to say, having the window like that is just an invitation to thieves! It is announcing "This window is busted". 

I was so tempted to put a sign in the car saying "There is nothing valuable inside this car" - but this could work as reverse psychology and encourage would be thieves to break in!!!!

There has been one attempt a few weeks ago. But that guy was too weak to push the window all the way down. 

It was only a matter of time when someone stronger tried - and that someone did it last nite!

The first thing i noticed was that the fuel pump door was opened. He must have accidentally opened it when he tried to pop the boot. I thought he may have tried to siphon off my petrol since he couldn't get anything out!!!!!

He must have been frustrated as there was nothing worth stealing in my car!!!! Obviously i removed all valuable things from the car when the window got busted like that. 

He just left my car in a total mess:-



Ah well... i was supposed to clean up the junk in my car and the incident just forced me to do it! 

The thief got off with whatever coins i had in the ashtray - i guess it's fair payment to him for getting me to clear up all the rubbish in the car! Lol!

Thank God he did not take my Doc Marts!!!!! Altho it would have been a great excuse to get me a new one! =)

*A wedding song by this Canadian singer songwriter.

2 comments:

Andre Brennan said...

That was just unfortunate! Have you already sold the car? Well, even if you’re selling the car, I think it would be a good decision to get the power window fixed. If anything else, it’s a favor you’ll be doing for the buyer of the car. Also, you can think of it as a safety measure for while you still haven’t sold it yet.

Dewey Setlak said...

Well, the thief might just want to try if he can get something there. But, of course as an owner, you wouldn’t leave your valuables in the car, right? This might serve as a great lesson to everyone. These days, thieves look for every opportunity they can. Whether it is a new car or an old one, they will try to see if they can get something from there.