Friday 17 July 2015

Who knew* - Pink

It has been a while, hasn't it?

Who knew that i would be back here blogging?

Who knew that i would actually stop posting anything for more than 1 year?

Who knew that i would once again be going for a major surgery to remove a tumour from my head?

We don't really know what will happen, do we? We can hope, we can wish, we pray - at best, we can try to predict. But we will never know until it happens.

Looking back, i never knew how much studying in the UK for my Masters would change my life - until it has changed it. In fact, it wasn't even my plan to go to the UK.

I never knew how wonderful being a parent is until i am one now. There was a point in life when i didn't even think i would get married let alone have a daughter!

So that is how life is. And that can make it a very scary and nervy journey as we travel on this road, not knowing what lies in store. Yes. And no.

No - not if you know someone who knows what is going to happen!

God knows! God knew! God will always know. He is in control of things - yes, even when things seem to be spiraling out of control. How many times have we seen things go that way only to somehow miraculously fall neatly into place? Or when things do indeed crash and burn - and from the ashes, rises something even much better?

As one classic song goes - I don't know about tomorrow - but i know know who holds tomorrow, and i know who holds my hand.

Here is LeAnn Rimes with my favourite version of that song:-



When we know the person who holds tomorrow - and we know that he is holding our hand, then it doesn't matter if we do not know what is going to happen ourselves. Just like a little child who holds on to her father's hand as he leads her to a mysterious place - it is fine with her even though she doesn't know what to expect because she is holding on to her father's hands. And she trust in him.

I am going through a difficult time now in my life - i do not know for sure what is going to happen but it helps so much knowing that God is in control. And that he loves me so much!

“What no eye has seen, 
what no ear has heard, 
and what no human mind has conceived”— 
the things God has prepared for those who love him
(1 Corinthians 2:9) 

*My favourite song of hers. It was a hit in the UK during the summer of 2006 when i was a student there.

No comments: