Friday 23 May 2008

Me and Mr. Jones* - Amy Winehouse

Me and Mr. Jones go a long, long way back! From the brilliant introduction of Raiders of the Lost Ark, the memorable watch of its sequel at Sentosa Cinema in section 17, and the highly entertaining 3rd installment, which i remember most recently watching it wif me dad on Astro.

And i'm so glad that Indy's back!!!! :-)

I've been waiting so long - and i must say that the wait was worth it! I watched Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull today and i loved it. It literally rocked my world!!!



This is good old fashioned film-making and good old-fashioned fun and adventure! And it's Harrison Ford!!!! 65 years old? Who cares? He's still as good as ever!



I'm sure i'm biased in my raving about the movie. It's prolly not so good. But i guess it's just listening to the familiar theme song played again and again, seeing the fedora and the whip, having my breath taken away and seeing an old hero back on the screen again is just so satisfying!!!

There were a few brilliant scenes - most of it were nods to the older movies. Like when the 'ark' made a cameo appearance!! And of course we had to be reminded of Indy's fear of snakes - that scene was super priceless - had me in stitches and laughing out so loudly in the cinema! Brilliant! And the pleasant surprise was when a nod was made to none other than Star Wars!!! Just hearing Harrison Ford utter that classic Han Solo line in Indiana Jones' character was super! :-)

And just a tip - watch it in the THX cinema - it'll literally rock your world!!!!


Me and Mr. Jones in London

Now, please, can we have Indy 5? and 6?

I'm still humming the theme song.... Da-dum dum dum, da da dum...

*One of the tracks on her critically acclaimed album, Back to Black.

No comments: