Thursday 16 April 2009

Lost* - Michael Bublé

Wow! This has been really a 'lost and found' week!!!

First, there was this presentation that i was supposed to give on Tuesday. It was about the Halls of Residences at UoR. When i was there earlier this year, one of my main tasks was to visit the rooms of my former students and take photos of them.

But it should come to no surprise that i procrastinated preparing the presentation. Until Tuesday morning itself. After all, how difficult can it be? Just post them pics onto a ppt show and present it!

Yeah, i couldn't find the pics!!!!! I tried going thru all my folders in my laptop. Then the folders in both of my external hard discs. There were not there!!!! Panic! They will turn up eventually, i was sure. I was praying like crazy too and had someone else praying together with me.

I brought both of me external hard discs to college to check thru them with a fine tooth comb. But still them photos could not be found! I returned back home to check my laptop again. No, it's not here!!!!!

Wait - i then recalled!!!! I have TWO 'My Photos' folders in my laptop! One in 'My Documents' and one in 'Desktop'. Sure enough, then photos were in the latter!!!!!

Thank God!!!!!!

Next - we had this internal audit thingy and they wanted to see the marksheets with me students' course work marks on them. Naturally, the super organised person like me would not have done so!!!! They demanded for it. They threatened to leave a 'negative comment' about me. I told them to go ahead.

but at the same time, i was searching frantically for them marks. Can't find one set. And the students are mostly away on study leave. So how? Desperate measures - Facebook!!!! And using th students themselves to try to reach the other students.

Guess what? I just found them marks!!!! Woohoo! Thank God!

But i guess the best lost and found news this week was on Sunday - when some souls that were once lost were then 'found'! Eyes that were once blind now see. The gospel was preached and people responded. Did you hear the angels in heaven rejoicing? :-)

*This song was inspired by the break-up with his former fiancée, Debbie Timuss.

No comments: