Monday 11 June 2012

Wonderful wonderful* - Johnny Mathis


Kathryn Joosten - a name that is unfamiliar to me. But the person is not. She has played the character of Karen McCluskey since season 1. Yes, since i first watached that TV series way back in 2005.

I must say that altho she is not one of the main "housewives" character, she has grown to become one of the important characters of the series. She never fails to make me laugh - and behind that nosy old lady with a sharp tongue is a woman with a heart of gold.

******MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD********

I wonder how many people stuck on to the series like i did. Well, tt's another story in another post but for those of us who did stay on, we saw how Karen McCluskey died in the end.

I was shocked to hear recently that Kathryn Joosten passed away recently too - of cancer. Life imitating art? Or the other way round? I did not know she had cancer - and that she was really playing the part in the series.

I thought i'd post this up together with this scene of her death as a tribute to her. She was a wonderful actress and palyed her part in making a wonderful series. And me wife and i have had some wonderful moments watching her play her role.


I love her death scene in the series - sorta like a circle of life thingy. And i thought it was brilliant that they used Johnny Mathis' Wonderful Wonderful. Some fella posted up this scene and replaced it with "My Heart Will Go On"!!!! Ugh.... This is so much better - sad, but a celebration of a wonderful life lived. 

*This song was also featured on an episode of The X-Files and Cosby!

No comments: