Tuesday 3 July 2012

Good thing* - Fine Young Cannibals

Last Wednesday, it rained! Woohoo! =)

But that meant i had to whip out the umbrella - and i decided to use my brand new umbrella. But as i was struggling to open it, i got a cut on my finger!!!! It wasn't bad but it was bleeding and it was painful. And it was on the inside part of my right index finger. Being a righ handed person, each time i handle something, it will hurt.

I was like cursing the stupid umbrella la! Sigh...

After the next day, when it did not get any better, the wife suggested that i use the ointment bought from Thailand. Can't remember what it is called. But it is pretty effective to deal with cuts and injuries to the skin. We bought a big bottle of it for me mom when we went there the last time. So i asked me mom to put some in a smaller container - i wanted to put some on after i got home and took my shower and brushed my teeth to avoid washing it away.

Finger got much better. Thank God.

But not the end of the story!!! On Sunday, as the wife was cooking, i heard some crashing sounds and i hurried over to the kitchen. Apparently, the saucepan was falling off the cooker and when she tried to steady it, her hand inadvertantly came into contact with the metal part and burnt badly. I told her immediately to put it under cold running water.

She was in obvious pain - however, it was a little amusing as she held her hand over the sink but she continued to stir-fry the vege with her other hand! I ahd to tell her off and told her to stop cooking as the burnt was quite bad. It started to blister almost immediately!

The cold water was not helping much and i thought of - yes, you are right - the ointment i brought back from me mom's place!!!! I fetched it and a lot of it was applied to hand.

As she sat quietly in the dining hall in tears, holding her hand, i finished up the cooking and cleaned up the kitchen. And it struck me - if i did not get that stupid cut on my finger, we would not have had anything to apply on her burnt hand!!! We may have had to even go out to the clinic or to the pharmacy to get some medication.

I shared with her about that. She was feeling so much better after applying the generous portion of the ointment on her hand. And we both agreed that it was a good thing that i cut my finger the other day. A small price to pay so that her burnt can be dealt with effectively.

People may say that she was lucky. As a Christian, i am sure it was all God's plan. =)

*Their 2nd no. 1 hit in the US, after their more popular She drives me crazy.

No comments: