Thursday 5 July 2012

Unwell* - Matchbox 20

I posted something in a lighthearted manner earlier when i said that 2 is better than 1 when it comes to grocery shopping (see here).

But not long after that, something happened that made me really thankful to God that the wife was around!

A couple of weekends ago, it was the dumpling festival. On the same day, i went to the wife's boss' baby party. Lots of food and drinking, tho to be honest, i did not stuff me face too much cuz the food was just alright! And i was saving a little for dinner that nite!

For dinner, me mom made her special "char yoke". There were loads of other food too. I wasn't feeling too good before dinner as there was some uncomfotable feeling just below me chest. It became worse after dinner. It felt like a bad case of indigestion.

I tried to go home and sleep it off - but it got pretty bad. So bad that it kept waking me up. I could not get into any position that was comfortable, standing, sitting or lying down. In the end, i had no choice but to wake up the wife and she took me to the 24 hour clinic nearby as it was oredi 2 am.

It was a little embarrasing when the doctor asked me what i ate for dinner and lunch. She prolly concluded that i just stuffed meself like crazy and deserved the suffering i was going thru. Ah well... i really din stuff meself too much. We think it could be due to the dumpling i had the day before as the glutinous rice used to make the dumpling can be quite difficult to digest.

Anyways... i went back - watched Spain beat France and finally got to sleep. Thank God the medication helped.

It was prolly the worst i've felt for a very long while - so bad that i do not think i could have driven to the clinic meself. So it was indeed a good thin the wife was around! 2 is better than 1, eh?

On another note, i realised how difficult it must be for those who are in worse condition than me, being in pain and feeling uncomfortable all the time. 

We should all be thankful for the good health we have.

*One of my all time fav songs!

No comments: