Monday 6 February 2017

Because of you* - Kelly Clarkson

This was the interview Federer gave after winning his 18th Grand Slam recently:-



In an older post some years ago, i share about how i felt sad for Federer that there is someone like Nadal around. I thought that if Nadal wasn't around, Federer could have been even more successful than he is now. You can read that post here.

But this two lines from the interview above showed that Federer had a more positive outlook at things (at around 4:05 onwards):-

"As much as he has hurt me and hurt my career sometimes, I still always respect and enjoy the match-ups with him. You know it has not been easy, and i think he made me a tougher and better player over the years, so without him, I wouldn't maybe be here tonight..."

He can be very bitter about things but he instead looked at the glass as half full. And this is a good lesson for me too. There have been people who have hurt me before - and some still do. But these people - although unintentionally - actually made me into who i am today. Some have actually made me tougher, some have actually made me better.

God sometimes put difficult people in our lives to make us better.

*She said that she wrote the song when she was 16 years old as a means of coping with her parents' divorce. It was released in 2005 when i was in the UK and it brings back memories of those good times there.

No comments: