Monday 10 July 2017

Girl you'll be a woman soon* - Urge Overkill

So I took a break from marking to go and catch Spider-Man Homecoming.

I sat next to this young couple who brought along their young daughter, probably slightly younger than Shona. They were enjoying their hotdog together before the meal.

When the show started, the little girl sat on her daddy's lap. At the end of the movie, she was snuggled up with her mom and her daddy took a wefie of them together before her mommy scooped her up and carried her out of the cinema.

I don't know why but it warned my heart witnessing all this. Such precious family time together.

Reminded me of how we would spend so much time taking Shona out. Now with her little sister around, it's just not possible to do this anymore.

And it struck me that Shona is growing up so fast - there are so many things that we cannot do anymore and if I'm not careful, she will be all grown up in a flash. It made me just wanna to rush back home and spend more time with her - despite the fact that I have so much work to do.

 Oh - if you read all the here waiting to hear my review of Spider-Man, it was awesome! Go watch it. If possible, bring along your kid daughter even though she probably won't understand what is going on.

*This song is found in the soundtrack of Pulp Fiction. Brilliant song for a brilliant movie!

No comments: