Saturday 8 June 2019

Memory* - Barbra Streisand

But it's not about the place, it's about what happened there. You own those memories.
Officer Bishop, The Rookie, S01E11

In the past, i often miss places i used to live at in the past. My old house where i grew up, London, Colchester... Sometimes, I would long to go back there and my heart would ache for those places - especially London and Colchester.

But this quote reminds me that at the end of the day, it's not about the place. It's about the life i lived there with special people. And today, if i go back there, it will not be the same again. That is true with my old house - it's so different. And also London - i remember visiting the place where i studied. It brought back memories but it was not the same anymore.

I'm glad i have those memories.

*Taken from the musical, Cats. Lovely song - i remember listening to it even before i knew what musicals are.

No comments: