Saturday 29 September 2007

I love Paris* - Frank Sinatra

I finally watched Ratatouille a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, i was lil disappointed wif it. That's not to say i din enjoy it. But the reviews have been so good and word of mouth has been praising it a lot. It was therefore hard to keep my expectations at a reasonable low level. In the end, it was just alrite for me. No regrets watching it but won't be seeing it again.

It had its moments and i know there has to be a suspension of reality whenever i watch an animation movie. But it went too far - for me - when Remy started to control the movements of Linguini just by pulling his hair!!! It's almost like the writers just couldn't figure out a way for Remy to take charge of Linguini's cooking.

And another small matter - everyone in Paris was speaking English??? Albeit in a French accent?????? The best of Pixar still has to be a toss-up between Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo. To me, anyways.

Still, i enjoyed it for the depictions of Paris!!!!

Taken from Pixar's site for this movie

Ah.... it brings back so many memories. The Seine, Notra Dame, the cobblestone streets, the roadside cafes, the night views!!!!

Paris will always be special to me. It was the place where i went wif me flat mates during spring of 2006. It was also the place where we last saw Alberto who returned to Italy after the trip. Talk about dramatic, we said our goodbyes on the Eiffel Tower itself!



Then i went back there again in autumn, spent one nite there wif a couple of me mates and stayed on for another 5 days, just wondering around on me own.

I did my Monet rounds and saw all of his paintings in Paris...


It was an emotional trip for me and watching the movie raised those emotions again. Paris also happens to be her favourite place. Me? It'll always be London. But Paris is not that far behind.



p/s - coming up soon, my take on Hairspray!!!! In a nutshell? Brilliant!!! Couldn't stop tapping my feet, drumming me fingers and had that stupid smile cemented on me face - even after the movie ended!!! :-)


Poster taken from a link in IMDB

*Originally sung by Lilo in the musical Can-Can, this version is prolly more well known.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sure see a lot of the world. does it change your perspective of life?

I wonder how my life would be seeing through your eyes.

-KC

queen shelby said...

Mulan
Little Mermaid
Hercules
Aladin
dll...

Why you so surprised that this new one ain't in French...

=p

imissw said...

-KC,

There's so much of the world to see - what i've seen is just the tip. And yes, of course it changes my perspective in life.

anyways, this is the path i've chosen. others have chosen other paths which involves seeing less of the world but nevertheless, a life just as rich. it would be interesting to see life thru yr eyes too.

queen,

i watched mulan in cantonese and din watch hercules. think the characters spoke pretty much in american accent for aladin and lil mermaid.