Wednesday 26 September 2007

Waiting for that day* - George Michael

23 days have passed by since i started work here. That means around 550 hours. Or over 33 thousand minutes.

Another minute has passed by since i started this post.

I'm a lecturer here. Yet, i have not stepped into a class to teach. Not yet.

The others laughed when i shared during the training session that i just can't wait to start, to be unleashed onto the poor unsuspecting students!!! Perhaps, being experienced teachers, they find my naïvety cute.

Word is out among some students that i am apparently a "teddy bear"!!! Hah! How wrong can they be, and how sorry they'll feel if they come to my class thinking so.


See any common traits between me and PB???

So many ideas in me head, so many thoughts, so many lessons to share, so many experiments to try out.

But just like every other day, i'm stuck here in me cell of a room, freezing away, immersing meself with legal literature...

People react with envy when they find out i have one whole month without any classes, allocated just to prepare for the lessons. They dun know me well.

I. Can't. Wait. To. Start.!!!!!!

p/s - the bright side is that this Sat's training is postponed, so for the second time in this whole month, i get to sleep in late. Bliss!!!!

*Brilliant acoustic track written by George, he gave the co-writing credits to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards cuz he used the line "You can't always get what you want" at the end of the song.

No comments: