Monday 10 August 2009

A place in time* - Amanda Abizaid

I find it sadly ironic that someone who acts like i dun exist, ignores me and sidelines me, suddenly wants to be my 'best' fren and expect me to open up to him! Of course, there are others who despite seeing me on a regular basis, refuse to talk to me and ask me directly but would rather stalk my blog and then hold discussions about what is actually going on in my life!

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow nite - a reunion of old frens! :-)

I'm finishing season 10 of Friends. Watching it always gets me emotional. After all, i started watching Friends while i was at Rayleigh Tower. So inevitably, i will think of my frens there and i will miss them a lot.

While watching the episode when they find out that the Bings will be moving out of that very apartment, i started thinking of our flat - flat 11. Just like in the episode where they showed flashbacks of that apartment, i started having my own flashbacks too!

I remembered the very first time i stepped into it and met Yuki. I remember when i sat in the kitchen and chatted with Ghisseh. I remembered the late nites in the dining hall eating with Michael and Tom. I remember the movie nights we had, the parties, the birthday celebrations, the drinking sessions. I remember watching world cup matches there. I remembered how all of us gathered there to admire the brilliant rainbow outside, or look at the snow falling. I smiled thinking of us dancing on the benches. I remember the times when i sat there all by myself, watching the sunrise. I recall the hellos and the goodbyes, the pastas and the pizzas, the sushis and the rice, the wine and the pina coladas, the laughters and... more laughters!

I just finished watching the episode where Rachel prepares to leave for Paris and is saying her goodbyes to everyone. And i started remembering the goodbyes. The large entourages early in the mornings or late at nights to the bus stop just to say our farewells.

Flat 11 initially was a cold unfriendly place - one floor in a huge imposing square block. But it soon became a refuge. It became hang-out place. It became our home. And is it any wonder that when times are bad here, when things are rough and difficult, i find myself running back there and hiding there just for a while? I have been doing that far too often lately, tho. :-(

So long ago, Another life
I could feel your heart beat
It's not a dream, remember us
I can see it in your eyes

We'll find a place in time
A place in time beyond the sun

We'll find a place in time
A place in time to call our home

*The theme song to the TV series, 4400.

No comments: