Sunday 16 August 2009

I swear* - All 4 One

So i finally played futsal - after so so long! No surprise at how bad i played - not to say that i was ever good.

It was good fun - and a good work-out!

But one student kept on screaming out a 4 lettered foul word again and again. Actually, he did that only when he failed to score - which was pretty often that day! And mind you, he did not just say it out. He shouted it out!!!

I guess it shouldn't be any surprise that in a heated game like that, these kinda language is used to let out frustration. But after hearing it over and over and over again, it gets a bit painful in the ears.

I remember tho during my primary school days when we used to play football using some seed from the trees that grow in my school. We used to scream out this chinese phrase (suffice to say that it's acronym is 'TNS').

The funny thing is that none of us knew wat it meant!!!! I remembered asking a fren about it and he said he din know but he supposed it must be a bad word!

The other funny thing was that we dun shout it when we miss. We shout it out when we wanna take a shot! Just before unleashing a kick, we would shout it out - almost like an intimidation against the other side. But we seem to kick better when accompanied with such a shout!

Boys! Sigh...

Oh, i'm glad i finally got to try out my Puma boots! :-)

*Hitting the top of the charts in the UK in the summer of 1994. I remember listening to it while packing my stuffs.

No comments: