Friday 11 September 2009

Better off alone* Marie Digby

It was a big surprise to me when i found out - at Taipei Airport - that the lead singer of one of my fav groups, the Cranberries, has released not one but TWO solo albums!!!!! And i din know about it!!!!!!



So when i got back, i went online to get as much info as i can about the albums. Unfortunately, both did not do very well. Which was a huge surprise to me! Ms O'Riordan has a wonderfully special and powerful set of vocals! This got me thinking about how many of these lead singers failed in a solo career!

Gary Barlow of
Take That - good voice, talented bloke, bad solo career!

Susanna Hoffs of the
Bangles.




Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes.

But thankfully, there are always exception to the general rule - or were those above the exceptions?
Those who did well - George Michael! Very successful in Wham! Even more so as a solo artiste!


Sting.



I actually forgot about Robbie Williams!!!! How could i when i mentioned Gary Barlow!!! I only remembered when i read the news today that Robbie is coming out from self-imposed exile!!!!

Pics taken from various sites online

*A track from her first album, Unfold.

No comments: