Monday 21 September 2009

Please forgive me* - Bryan Adams


Selamat Hari Raya
!!!!


One thing which distinguishes this celebration from other religious festivals is the wishing of "Maaf zahir dan batin".


Picture taken without permission from Sky Is The Limit. Please forgive me.

It basically means "Please forgive me my emotional and physical wrongdoings". Forgiveness is a very important thing is any relationships. And to have a day when people go up to each other asking for forgiveness - and the actual granting of such - is something IMHO very important! Relationships are strengthened and in some cases, healed.

Altho many take this to be a day of celebration, it is not about the making merry. Well, not
just about making merry!

If you have actually experienced true forgiveness from anyone, you can testify how wonderful it feels, and how therapeutic it can be. Try it! :-) Even if you do not normally celebrate Hari Raya and even if u're not Muslim, take time to ask for forgiveness from yr family members and yr frens.


The Bible says that freely received, freely give. For those who have freely received forgiveness, they will find it easy to oso forgive those who have wronged them. so asking for forgiveness doesn't just stop there. It is a catalyst for more forgiveness!


What a wonderful world we live in, where people experience forgiveness and grants the same freely!


Think this would be a good moment to publicly ask for forgiveness from all of you out there - from my family, my frens, my students, my colleagues, my fellow church members etc. And from God too whom i know will forgive graciously!

*One of the songs that brings back memories of the autumn of 1993 when we first landed in London and this was one of the songs which was played daily!

No comments: