Wednesday 13 January 2010

Have you never been mellow* - Olivia Newton John

I feel rather mellow in the recent days after my surgery. According to the Advanced Learner's Dictionary, "mellow" means calm, gentle and reasonable.

Sure, some of you may say that after such a major op, my take on life is different. I dun think so.

I must say that i have become a very angry and frustrated person last year. I would pick fights with people and hold grudges. I was sad and pathetic, i know. But somehow, the things which made me mad doesn't to matter so much anymore. It is also very hard to continue to be angry at people who take the time and expenses to visit me while i am at the hospital!!!

I think being confined to bed and then in the hospital for so many days gave me an opportunity to calm down and think things over. Life is too short to be holding grudges.

So i am really glad for this. A very good start to the new year. I really hope and pray that this can continue thruout the year and the years ahead.

*One of my earliest favourite songs and is still is.

2 comments:

Ruey said...

Welcome back to blogdom.:)

imissw said...

Cheers, mate! Dunno for how long, tho. but i have some ideas and a lot of drafts.