Friday 29 January 2010

Back to school* - Cast of 'Grease 2'

Well, i finally made it back to campus today. The first time this year. Taking into account the Christmas hols last December, it has been a month and a half!

It was really good! :-)

I won't bore you with the details - suffice to say, i went back to check out my staffroom and to conduct a briefing/revision with the year 1s. After the session, i ran into some year 2s whom i'm closer with than the year 1s. They recognised my bag first before they recognised me!!!! Lol!

It was really good!

I enjoyed being in front of the class and running thru the slides, cracking some jokes and interacting with them. I enjoyed hanging out with the year 2s and catching up. The students - all of them are really nice.

It was really good!

Then, it was my colleagues, the staff members. I guess being a small staff, we have grown comfortable with each other. Unfortunately, they were rushing for a workshop for the students.

So it was short but really sweet. Was touched by the reaction of the staff and some students who seemed genuinely pleased to see me again. Well, the feeling's mutual.

It was really good to be back.

Sure, it was the first time i'm at the spanking brand new Lakeside Campus since the schools reopened there earlier this month. But it wasn't that which made the visit good. It was the people.

I actually started off the day with a little 'Monday morning blues' (on a Friday!!!!). But in the end, it was a great time of meeting up with old frens. I really thank God for it.

Did i say it was really good to be back? ;-)

Yes, this term is gonna be really tough - for students and staff alike. But yet, i'm sure we'll keep our spirits up.


*The opening song from the movie Grease 2.

3 comments:

cyt said...

yes, sir...this will be a term!hope i can survive tru the tough term!

and, "SIR, WELCOME BACK!"

imissw said...

you will survive. you all will. but must work hard - both lecturers and students!

jia you!!!!!

and thanks - as i've said so many times - and will say again - it was really good to be back. :-)

shann said...

awwwww )':