Saturday 30 January 2010

Fat* - Weird Al' Yankovic

I think my weight change can challenge Oprah Winfrey!!!

When i was in primary school, i was fat. All thru the 6 years. Then i lost it all in the secondary school years and was pretty slim esp during the later secondary school days. During college days, i started gaining some weight. Then i went over to London.

In the span of around 10 months there, i lost so much weight!!!! You wanna know how much i lost? When my family went over to attend my convo and to go for holiday, me mom cried when she saw me for the first time since leaving home!!! It was such a shock for her to see her son so emaciated!!!

Here are a couple of photos of me in Italy during that summer holiday with my family:-


Familiar touristy places - the Coliseum in Rome and the canals in Venice

Then as i started work, the weight started coming again. In fact, the more stressed i became, the bigger i got!!! But it stopped.

Yes, i quit my job and went back to the UK to do my Masters. Again in the span of a year, i lost so much weight - but not as bad as the first time. Here is a photo of me on the day i left to the UK and a photo of me at Essex 10 months later!!!


But i came back in 2007. Yes, the weight started going up again. But it wasn't so bad. I mean, here are some photos of me late August at Bukit Tabur, and early Sept at Taiwan:-


Me and some students along Bukit Tabur


Me and me good mate, Michael in Taipeh

Then in the later part of the year, i really started piling on the weight. I got shocked when i saw my own photos taken at Hong Kong Disneyland near the end of the year. Look at this rounded face and double chin dude:-



Well, after the surgery and medical leave, people have been telling me that i have lost weight! But i doubt so. Maybe they are just being nice to me. But all i do for a long time was to eat and rest at home!!! And the ultimate test was when i tried on my belt - it was stil the same hole that i had to use!

Sigh... so how? Accept the fact that i'll be fat? Start having a more healthy lifestyle from now on - cut down on suppers, go for runs again (stopped for such a long time), watch my food intake?

Or just go back to the UK for studies!!!!


*His brilliantly funny remake of Michael Jackson's Bad.

2 comments:

Chermaine said...

come to Reading with us and do your phD ! lols.

imissw said...

i would love to!!! but takda duit. :-(