Tuesday 26 January 2010

You've got a friend* - Carole King

I was cleaning my room and going thru my stuffs - been doing a lot of that lately - when i came across this Christmas card which i received last Christmas. I re-read it and i really liked what me mate wrote to me in it. It was a simple poem(?) which i would like to share with y'all:-

One day I hope with you to stand,
Before the throne, at Lord's right hand,
And say to you at journey's end,
"Praise God, you've been to me a friend".


Nice and simple. Perhaps he took it from somewhere else - but he took the trouble to write it out (instead of the basic "Dear so-and-so, From so-and-so" - which i have been guilty of doing at times). And i really appreciate it.

*One of her classics and my favourites. They writ songs like this anymore, do they?

No comments: