Tuesday 23 March 2010

I will remember you* - Sarah McLachlan

I'm really bad at remember faces. Last Saturday, someone waved me over to her as i took my seat in the church building. I went over and chatted with her for a while before remembering who she is. Just yesterday, a car stopped by mine and someone in the car next to mine waved at me before shooting off. Unlike last week, i could not remember who she is!!!

A sign of old age???


But it was a pleasant surprise last night during Bible Study Fellowship when i walked past a brother who used to be in the same discussion group with me. We started chatting and he could remember that i am a lecturer and not only that, he could remember i used to have migraines!!!

Even tho we were in the same group, we never really talked as the group was large. So it was something which really touched me and encouraged that he could remember the problems i used to have.

I wish i could have a memory as powerful as his - or perhaps his memory is just as good as mine but he can remember better because he truly cares. A lesson that i must try to learn.

*It appeared first in the soundtrack of The Brothers McMullen and subsequently the live version was released. This song won her a Grammy too.

No comments: