Thursday 9 June 2011

At the beginning* - Donna Lewis & Richard Marx

I had only a few hours of sleep. And it was gonna be a long day. A long weekend ahead, in fact! I was to drive to another state that day. But i had to watch it.



I have been waiting for a long time - but cautiously. After all, when your expectations have not been met a couple of times, one tends to be more careful. X-Men was really good - but X2 was simply brilliant, out-doing its predecessor! X3 was alright - but only because i kept my expectations really low after hearing all the negative comments about it. Wolverine was pretty bad.

The trailer for First Class looked good. But dun most trailers look good? And how good would an X-Men movie be without Wolverine? Further, Star Wars and George Lucas has made prequels into a bad thing!

But thanks to Ruey's positive comment on FB, i went to watch it. And it was gooooood!

I think this is by far the best movie i've seen this year!

Everything about it is good! The acting was pretty good. The 3 main male leads really carried the movie well - James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Kevin Bacon.

The effect were pretty cool - submarines being pulled out of the water, Azazel teleporting, Emma Frost turning into diamond, Raven turning into - anything!

Complaints? Well, the Beast was a little disappointing tho - like a man dressed in a bad ape suit in the Smurf colour! And i thought January Jones did not have what it takes to pull off Emma Frost!





But the best thing was the storyline! I like the story - how it used a real historic event and retell it in an interesting manner. I love seeing how familiar characters started off. I love being introduced to new characters - it made me actually go back and do research on them!

I like how they showed humans reacting in fear to the unknown, to what is different, and instead of being more accepting, they turn against what they do not understand. But isn't that true of us? We fear what we do not know - and most of the time, the fear, which is uncalled for, leads to prejudice and ostracising. That is prolly why the Bible says that perfect love drives out all fear.


The most important storyline for me is the friendship of Charles and Erik. I loved it! And although everyone who knows just a little bit of X-Men will know that they become bitter enemies, i still had tears in my eyes when it finally happened. It was kinda like how Clark Kent and Lex Luthor were frens in Smallville.

Yes, this is a great movie in my books - even better than X2, which ranks pretty high in my list! I'm definitely gonna watch it again!

*Taken from the soundtrack of Anastacia.

No comments: