Tuesday 10 January 2012

One more time* - Daft Punk

This unfinished post has been sitting in my drafts folder for a while. Time to complete it!!!

I went for the last run of the year in early December - it was a race which i originally wanted to go for but failed to sign up on time (yeah, the perils of procrastination) but in the end, it was postponed as it was scheduled originally to take place on the 9th of July!!!

It's the Subang Jaya 10 km run! So when it was rescheduled to be in December, i signed up for it. When i went sigining up, i realised what my bib number was going to be:-



I jokingly told the guy that Chinese ppl would think that the number is bad!!!! It's basically "die, die, die"!!!!!

Thank God it went well. I enjoyed the run. The crowd was actually very small - i guess the *real* runners were down in S'pore running the Stan Chart marathon there!

Most importantly, it was the best 10km timing that i got in my post-operation days!!!! Not that i have ran many races after my op!!!

I was pretty glad of the timing. Furthermore, it seemed to have sparked off my interest and enjoyment of running again! I've been running more regularly since - and i actually look forward to it, not taking it like a chore i have to do.

My first race for 2012 will be this Sunday! =)

*This is their biggest commercial hit - and it is number 307 on Rolling Stone's amended "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time" list in May 2010.

No comments: