Wednesday 27 February 2013

Closing time* - SemiSonic

Finally, they will asking for their last call. After the end of tomorrow, they will not be opened again.

I'm talking about Sin Seng Nam, a popular coffeeshop in KL. After 85 years of running their business there, they will be closing. I'm not fan of local papers - but you can read a nice write-up about it here.


Pic taken from The Star
I blogged about this place some 5 years ago - when i came back from my studies and paid the place a visit only to find empty chairs at empty tables. Can't help feeling nostalgic and a little sad when i found out that the place will be closing.

As i read back my old post, i am transported back to Seng Nam in those years when i was still practising. It was a place where we'd feel completely at home. I was there with my colleagues, i was there with me mates, i was there with my clients. i was there alone. There's something about that place that i can't put into words.

Ah well... thanks for the memories!
 

*One of their more popular songs, it was nominated for a Grammy (Best Rock Song) in 1999.

No comments: