Monday 18 February 2013

Rainy days and Mondays* - Keiko Lee

I was listening to this song yesterday during a pretty gloomy looking Sunday evening...


The song really hit a spot in me! First, it has been some years since i've heard this version - and it sounds so so good! It has also been a long time since i've listened to the original Carpenters' version too.

I loved this song! Truly a classic in my books. So moody, so emotional - and so me (in the past)!!! 

The strange thing is that i dun really fully emphatise with the song! I generally LOVE rainy days! It doesn't really get me down... or does it? Maybe i love rainy days *because* it gets me so moody!!! Yeah, maybe...

But i'm sure for many people, Mondays do get us down, right? Monday morning blues is pretty common. Except that for me, my Monday morning blues came early this week! I got it on Saturday morning!!!  The reason is because i knew that the weekend signals the end of the Chinese New Year holidays for me. And the weekend was gonna pass by so quickly as it was filled with activities!

It doesn't help that i will be working over this coming weekend too - so that would mean that i am gonna be working for 12 days in a row non-stop!!! =(

Still, having said that, coming back to work is not such a dread. It's not like i was skipping my way into the office - but i guess i enjoy my work and in some perverse manner, i was looking forward to get back to work again!

Back to the song again - one of my favourite parts is:-

Funny, but it seems that I always wind up-a here with you;
Nice to know somebody loves me.
Funny, but it seems that it's the only thing to do:
Run and find the one who loves me.

It is nice to have someone to run to when you have the blues - someone who loves you! I know i can always turn to God. And i'm so blessed that he has also given someonewhom i can turn to also.

*Her version of the Carpenters' hit song.

No comments: