Tuesday 17 June 2008

Never gone* - Backstreet Boys

Second Father's Day without a father. Well, an earthly father. Kinda feel a little envious of those who had one to celebrate it with.

Was thinking of the the good times. One of the early happy memories i had with him was fortunately captured on film. It was when i was too young to go to Sunday School - and i was crying as me bro and me sis went off, leaving me alone.

Well, me dad started pulling the living room table out to out porch and got his camera. He then took out me 'action figures'. He decided to cheer me up by having an impromptu photo session! He arrange the toys on the tables and posed me with them. Maybe that was the start of me cam-whoring days! Altho i'm still a non-league player compared to the girls in me class who are in the Premier League of cam-whoring!!!



I was telling a fren a while ago that i dun have a pic wif me dad. Actually i do. I found it. This was way back when i got me award for being the top student in me class.



I thought of going over to the columbarium and just 'hang out' with him there. But i decided not to. Yeah, his remains are there - but he isn't. He's here - in my heart.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye(?)

*The title song of their album released in 2005.

No comments: