Friday 18 July 2008

Breakaway* - Kelly Clarkson

Once the great Anthony of the Desert was relaxing with his disciples outside his hut when a hunter came by. The hunter was surprised to see Anthony relaxing, and rebuffed him for taking it easy. It was not his idea of what a holy monk should be doing.

Anthony replied, "Bend your bow and shoot an arrow." And the hunter did so. "Bend it again and shoot another arrow," said Anthony. The hunter did so, again and again.

The hunter finally said, "Abba Anthony, if I keep my bow always stretched, it will break."

"So it is with the monk," replied Anthony. "If we push ourselves beyond measure, we will break. It is right from time to time to relax our efforts."
Taken from FunnySermons.com

Had lunch with an ex-colleague today. She commented that i looked tired. I was saying that that cannot be so - i'm sleeping so much more now compared to those days when i used to see her on a daily basis.

But she was sure - more sleep or less, i looked much more tired.

And i have to admit, yes, i am feeling it. I'm just tired of it all. I'm losing it. Someone said that i need to re-watch Dead Poet's Society again. I probably do. And i will. As soon as she returns my DVD!!!

Me mate suggested the same thing - i need to go for a holiday. Can't argue with good sense!!! The next couple of months are not gonna be any much lighter in terms of workload - but yes, i am taking a break. The tickets are paid for and me mates are waiting for me (i hope!!!).

I just can't wait - to feel the cool mountain air, the sea breeze, the sand in between my toes, the freshness of the smell of the jungles, the great food!!!

For now, i'll just have me pics to keep up me spirits!











*Recorded for the soundtrack of The Princess Diaries 2, this was co-written by Avril Lavigne! This is also the longest running no. 1 song from a movie soundtrack on the Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart. It was played to death in Colchester in the summer of 2006, and it kept us (Teddy, Praful and me) company while we did the annual clean-up the washing area of Food-on-3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to making you waited the other day. Really thank you for coming here for lunch. Well, we do feel lack of motivations at times. I think you are a better teacher than me, on the basis that you really love teaching. I guess you can put the current situation as a test for your dedication and love for this job. Take good care.

imissw said...

hehe. no worries about the wait. thanks for spending yr short lunch break!

too bad u cant go to KK this time. next year la. i'm always game to go again!