Wednesday 30 July 2008

That don't impress me much* - Shania Twain

Controversial post, this is!!!!

The title of this post refers to none other than the movie everyone is raving about - The Dark Knight.

Maybe it's because the high expectations i had. I tried my best, i did! I kept cool about it. I tried not to hear about it but it is hard with almost everyone talking raving about it in their blogs, in their FB statuses, on peoples' FB walls, in church, at work, in the news.

In the end, i actually did something i have never done for years - in fact i dun know if i ever did something like this before - i watched a movie on a Tuesday nite!!! I had to catch it in a THX cinema before Thursday and Monday and Wednesday is out due to Bible Studies.

So i finally watched it - and left wondering wat all the fuss is about!!!

Look, i'm not saying it's bad. but it surely is nowhere great, up there among The Empire Strikes Back, LoTR trilogy, Love Actually. In fact, i think i like Kung Fu Panda more!!!!

I've no real complaints about it. It's just that nothing really stood out! It was all just good. Yes, even Heath Ledger!!!!! (I can hear the knives being sharpened now).

Yes, he was good. Very good. But Oscar contender??? Come on!!!! Altho he gave himself a good chance for a nomination by dying... Yes, he'll be missed.

Bruce Wayne was boring. As an actor, i would have hated playing him - no chance to act much.

The action sequences while good, did not rock my boat.

Harvey was good. But, yes, tt's it. You get my drift?

I think i enjoyed Batman Begins more!!! (read here).

I know i'm in the minority - or even alone - but i believe when the dust settles, when the frenzy dies off, people will realise that The Dark Knight is a good movie - period. And it would finally vacate the no. 1 spot on IMDB top movies. How ridiculous!!!

*Her 3rd biggest single on the Billboard Hot 100 and one of her biggest hits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am here to second your opinion.

imissw said...

since i posted this, i found out that many others share my sentiments. i'm not alone after all!!! it's just that those who tink otherwise voice their opinions louder.

p/s - there's a new engine lady lect!

Anonymous said...

wow! a lady lecturer for engineering at last! Care to tell more about her?