Tuesday 30 June 2009

Dangerous* - Roxette



I was seated on a little plastic stool (less than 1 feet high) by the side of the road.

OK - change that. It wasn't on the side of the road. It was in fact ON the road itself!!!!! The noodle stall was on the pavement.

I loved it! The atmosphere was lovely. Some African guys were enjoying their meal behind me while a local was eating what seemed to be a never ending plate of noodles! A barefooted man ambled past, looking lost. Later, another elderly gentleman walked pass in his pyjamas!

I was drenched with my own sweat due to the humidity. Cars, motorcycles and buses zoom pass by, some dangerously close, sounding their horns, all spewing exhaust fumes on me and on me food.

Drizzle was falling on to me like little drops of ice pins pricking me. Oh, it was also falling onto me food!!!!!

Me food? It was a plate of really nice fried noodles - with pork and beef. Yes, i was eating street food. Again!!!! And yes, me tummy doesn't feel fully recovered yet.

And yes, it was the second time today i was enjoying street food in Ho Chi Minh City!!!



Yes, i like to live life dangerously! ;-P Maybe i should just say i like to live life, period!

*My best memory of this song is working late in my office, dozing off on the sofa while my colleague happily whistles this song while she worked!

2 comments:

vinegar said...

My colleague went to Vietnam recently and loved their beef noodles, have you tried?

imissw said...

yes, of course! ;-)

nice, very nice. but i prefer the ones i had at Kota Kinabalu!!!