Sunday 31 October 2010

Reflections of my life* - Marmalade

When i was at Bangkok recently, i managed to catch an episode of Life on Mars. What i really liked about that particular episode was the ending.

Basically, if you dun know what Life on Mars is about, it is about a present day cop, Sam, who gets transported back to the early 70s and has to live life there.

In the closing scene of that particular episode which i watched, Sam walks pass a crowd of people - and then he notices a man and his son walked by. Sam turns back and watches them walk away - and we soon realise that Sam was looking at himself as a young kid!

At the same time, the song "Reflections of my life" was being played. i love that song!!!! Listen to it:-



There was something in that scene that tugged at my heart. The song refused to leave me for a couple of weeks. And as i thought of that scene, it made me reflect on my life too. I wondered how it would feel if i was back there, in the 70s, seeing my father holding me by my hand, taking me places.

As i thought about those times, i became like Sam in my memories as i travelled back to those moments in time, being a 3rd party looking on at my father and me. I started reliving those times, and the places he took me - and i missed him again so much.


I oso felt so blessed, to have such a wonderful father who loved me so much.

*The hit single of this Scottish band which has been featured in many TV shows and movies.

No comments: