Friday 29 October 2010

Too young to go steady* - Karrin Allyson

We finished watching a movie and were walking hand in hand around Sunway Pyramid.

Suddenly, i heard a voice calling out "Sir". I turned and saw some of the guys from my new class. I returned their greeting and said hi to them.

The strange thing was that some of them were pretty amused to see me. Yes, they were giggling to themselves!!!! It was a strange moment and i waved goodbye and walked on, the sound of some of their laughter still heard.

tGiF asked what was so funny - i had no idea!!!! Were they so young and immature that the sight of me out on a date with my fiance tickles them?

This was confirmed the next day when one of them came up to and apologised for bumping into me!!!!!

It was like i was doing something wrong - and they caught me red-handed!!!!

Hello? maybe they are too young to be dating - or perhaps they are even forbidden?

Dun get me wrong, these guys are really good guys (well, at least i think they are based on this 1 month that i have taught them) - but this just shows how young they are. Or perhaps how old i am!!!!! I used to be able to relate to the students like a fren. Now the gap between us seems more evident - but this is a good thing, isn't it?

This only made me miss my students who are in the UK now more...

*This is the remake of Nat 'King' Cole's song and this version is featured on the Best Audiophile Voices album.

No comments: