Saturday 19 February 2011

Baby it's cold outside* - Vanessa Williams & Bobby Caldwell

We were informed that the temperature outside in London is 0 degrees Celsius! I smiled to meself. I was looking forward to it! =)


Cold wintry morning at Colchester - yes, i still have not cleaned my lenses yet!!!

So on the first morning when i got back to Central London, i decided to sit outside on a bitterly cold wintry morning, enjoying my bacon roll and hot coffee! Other than the fact that i lost all feeling in my fingers, i absolutely loved it! =)

When i met frens, some were complaining how cold it was - after all, they hit double digits the week before and some even thought the worst has passed and spring decided to take a leaf from winter's page and come knocking (or springing in) early.

The inevitable question most people asked me was how was i handling the cold - and i wasn't completely honest with them. They'd prolly think i was crazy - or worse still, being sarcastic - if i say i was loving it.

But i was! Besides that outdoor breakfast on that first morning, i had coffee outdoors, ate kebab on a park bench and even had half a pint sitting outside a pub with me mates! I took many walks outdoor when it was cold - and just to illustrate how cold it was, parts of the lake at the Uni of Warwick was frozen over and i noticed that during one of my outdoor winter excursions.

At Reading, when the bus dropped us off at the wrong spot, my students asked if i wanted to take another bus or walk. Obviously i said we'll walk! After all, it was so nice and cold! =)

I even wanted to take a midnight walk to Tesco just to relive the old times - and me mate at Colchester was almost tempted to accompany me!!! But in the end, it was the bitter cold that (and common sense) and deterred him - and i was feeling too tired for that. Age! Sigh...

Yes, some say i'm crazy - but i love the cold!!!! Just last nite, i was sweating buckets while having dinner - and i was longing for it to be cold, just like how it is in London!

*Her jazzy remake of this popular X'mas song.

No comments: