Saturday 21 December 2013

The reason* - Hoobastank

I think that BSC has the best Christmas deco this year!


Isn't it impressive? It is a table setting for a Christmas dinner. Well, some dinner. Or a feast, to be precise! With turkey, lobster etc.


What makes it impressive is that the chairs are actually the stalls - and people actually walk under the huge table!


Top marks from me!

But fail when it comes to spiritual content!!! In fact, all the malls fail miserably!!! With themes like "bears", the Nutcracker, balloons - and even Minions!!! - they all seem to have missed out on the true meaning of Christmas.

No, it's not eating and feasting. Nor is it buying gifts (even tho the malls will want us to do that. Christmas at the end of the day is about "Christ"! That is why it is called Christmas - not Feastmas or Bearmas. Or even Minionmas!!!

The problem is not just here in Malaysia. Last year in London, we were there when they launched the Christmas lights which followed the theme of the Twelve Days of Christmas - using the things mentioned in that Christmas song. This year, the theme is Mr Peabody and Sherman!!!

A friend was commenting about me using the term "X'mas" to refer to Christmas. I had to explain myself that X'mas is just the greek way of referring to Christmas. The "X" in the greek alphabeth stands for "Chi", referring to Christ!

Still, many people are replacing with "Christ" in Christmas with everything else they can think of.

I myself am guilty when i get so caught upwith the shopping and the gifts and the holidays. I hope this Christmas that i will celebrate it for the right reasons. The original reason! The brith of Jesus Christ.

*My favourite song of theirs - reminds me of the days in 2004/2005.

No comments: