Friday 27 January 2017

Have a nice day* - Bon Jovi

Met a gentleman yesterday morning at the lift lobby - and I do not mean gentlemen in the generic sense. He was dressed very well and carried himself well. I didn't really notice him and was looking on the floor when he wished me a good morning.

The lift then came and of course he gestured to let me in first. When his floor came, he said 'Have a nice day' to me before exiting.

As he did so, I saw from his backpack that he was from the Ministry of Higher Education. He was a guest but he sure made me feel welcomed! Such a pleasant encounter.

If only we were more like that. If only I was more like that...

A friend commented that this gentlemen is a rare species. That is true - but also so sad. How difficult is it to just say 'Have a nice day' to another human being?

*The first single from their album of the same name

No comments: