Monday 2 January 2017

Try* - Debbie Gibson

And just like that, we are now in the second day of 2017!!! Is the year gonna zip by quickly???

One of the highlights of New Year's Day was re-watching Zootopia with Shona (it's her current fav show now).

I thought the closing speech by Judy Hopps (the 'rabbit police' as how my daughter calls her) is a pretty good reminder for the start of another year:-

'When I was a kid, I thought Zootopia was this perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, real life is a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means―hey, glass half full!―we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what type of person you are, from the biggest elephant to our first fox, I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us'.


What struck me was the reminder that real life is messy - and we all have limitations and we all make mistakes. But that should not stop us from trying to change. In fact, that should be the impetus for us to improve ourselves.

*Taken from her album, Anything is Possible - my fav album of hers!

No comments: