Monday 16 January 2017

I want to hold your hand* - TV Carpio

It was a difficult weekend. i was dumped with so much work suddenly on Friday and it had to be done by Monday!

It didn't help that Shona was still unwell - but she was on the road to recovery. So this meant that she was a little bit clingy.

She wanted me around her all the time. When its bedtime, she would want to sleep on the same bed with me, refusing to sleep in hers. Well, being sick meant the poor girl got her way most of the time. In the middle of the night, she would turn to me and say 'I want to hold your hand'.


It made it really difficult to get a good rest - especially since she was drifting in and out of sleep most of the time due to the illness.

When i thought that she had fallen asleep, i tried to go and do my work - only for her to call out 'Daddy!!!!!' and i had to go back and lie down next to her.

I tried very hard not to get frustrated that i couldn't get work done. I didn't want to get upset with Shona because of some other people's shortcomings which resulted in me having to do extra work to clean up their mess.

I know that i should enjoy and cherish these moments when she is so clingy and 'sticky' to me - for there will come a time when she would want her freedom and find my presence irritating or uncomfortable. I hope that it won't come until much much much later!

*Her version of the Beatles' classic song.

No comments: