Sunday 1 January 2017

I know who holds tomorrow* - LeAnn Rimes

Happy New Year!!!!

How did i spend the last minutes of 2016? I slept!!! But not before showing Shona the fireworks display at London on 1/1/2016!!!



Since she had to go to sleep, i showed her the fireworks before tucking her in. And then, after kissing both Shona and Gemma, i too went to sleep.

And i felt that it was a wonderful way to end the year. I am so thankful for the two girls - eventho they can drive me up the wall at times!!! I am thankful that they have a roof over their head, and a bed to sleep on. I am thankful that they will have breakfast the next morning when they wake up. And i'm thankful for the opportunity to love them.

2016 again put me through the biggest fear i have - that my girls will have to go through life without me. Thankfully, they got to the end of the year with their daddy still around. I have to rest in the assurance that if their earthly father is not around, their heavenly father will be there for them providing for their every need.

Things may not be great - and it sure does not seem to be getting better. Brain tumour is back (although it is benign and at the moment, not causing any problems), work is getting increasingly difficult with increased workload, income is going be less than last year, economy is supposedly going to be really bad.

But i start the year with the reminder and assurance that even though i do not know what tomorrow holds, i know who holds tomorrow - the true and living God who loves me so much that he was willing to come down and die for me. And for my girls.

*From her brilliant album, Inspirational Songs.

No comments: