Thursday 1 March 2007

It's all coming back to me now* - Celine Dion

Just like riding a bicycle, i noticed that after being back for more than a month, a lot of things are coming back to me naturally. Some are old habits - discarded while i was away overseas but back wif a vengence. Others are things out of me control. The common factor is that all these stuffs unfortunately, are not the good ones.

For instance, i noticed that now, i speed on the Federal Highway - which is rather common if you are a Malaysian and use it daily. But believe it or not, for the first week or so, i actually kept to the speed limit!!!!!

Oh, i also initially was amused - and even tickled at times - at how bad the drivers on the roads are, how inconsiderate they can be. Now, i'll let them know my annoyance by honking on me horn or glaring at them. :-( And oh, the "cub-chai"s are no longer cute!!!!

I'm also an air-con-holic now. Hard to believe it but when i got back, i actually din like the air-cond. It felt too artificial. I'm used to sleeping wif windows wide opened, enjoying the breeze from the 11th floor (sometimes, the gales!!!!). Perhaps the weather in the first couple of weeks of me being back was rather cooling and i could do without the air-cond. But not anymore. Not during the day-time, anyway.

Another thing which has "come back" to me is my migraine - esp the mysterious ones which hit me when i wake up after a good sleep!!!!

As a result of that, another bad habit has returned - popping in pills. Pain killers, to be precise. I know its bad to take so much paracetemol - trust me, i've tried to bear wif the pain but it just remained wif me all day long!!!

Which reminds me - gotta go buy panadol...

Closely related to this is how i've been falling sick so easily - in the UK, i only fell sick once (and another time in France). Here, i've lost count oredi. I just recovered earlier this week for a couple of days only to fall sick again yesterday. *sigh*

Methinks it's gotta do with the food here? Can't think of anything else.

Which brings be to my next bad habit which has "come back" - eating!!! Eating on its own is not bad - but eating none stop? Eating a lot late in the nite? It's the mamak culture (see here)!!!!!

And it's also the Spring Festival/Chinese New Year!!!! Yes, that means eat, eat, eat!



I guess it is no surprise then that something else has "come back" to me - all the kilograms lost when i was in the UK!!!! A check on the scales last nite revealed that i've gained 4 kilos since coming back!!!!! Mind you, the 4 kilos were gained just during the past couple of weeks - yeah, it coincides with the first day of the Spring Festival!!!!!

Things dun seem to be getting any better. After all, there's a dinner wif Church frens tonite, dinner with the Home Fellowship members tomorrow nite, lunch wif former Uni-mates on Sat, dinner wif the Young Adults on Sat nite - and on Sunday, the final dinner for the Spring Festival celebrations!!!

*Sigh* i've resigned meself to the fact that more of them kilos are "coming back" to me now.

*Typical operatic ballad style of Jim Steinman, the writer, recently remade by Meatloaf - the king of such genre! Apparently, it was inspired by Wuthering Heights, the song being compared to "Heathcliffe digging up Cathy's corpse and dancing with it in the cold moonlight"!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I crave for cooling winds from the natural outdoors. Unfortunately PJ air is kinda polluted. I think I m one of the few who doesnt like artificial cool air.

PPl tells me that sometimes we get sick is becoz our immune system does not naturally combat the bacteria around us. So if you're ok in UK and not here, perhaps u were designed to stay there!?

But welcome back tho, good to have you back with us.

-KC

imissw said...

i say... too many "KC"s around la.

but i can guess which!

wat a nice thought - that i'm designed to stay there! now if only my bank account is designed to bring me there again...