Monday 5 March 2007

My happy ending* - Avril Lavigne

It's the end of the Spring Festival celebrations - well, at least for us here in Malaysia (GMT+8)! After 15 days of eating and... eating, it's time to end the festivities.

As indicated in an earlier post, the last few days was a flurry of going from one meal to another! I dare not step onto the weighing scale - but the fact that i have to loosen me belt is enuf to tell me that the kilos have been added - way too successfully!!!

I liked how the festivities ended for me - it wasn't the food. Well, it wasn't just the food. It was the time spent wif those sharing the food wif me.

While the food varied a little (from super expensive lunch at high class restaurants to simple home fellowship meals, from extremely tasty to disappointingly bland), and the occasions were pretty varied (from reunions to Church group activity to purely fun get-togethers), and the people i shared the meals wif were very varied (from people younger than me to me peers whom i grew up wif, me Uni mates, people old enuf to be me parents and people who are my parents ;-P), the common factor was that I have had a brilliant time on each occasion.


That's wat these celebrations are all about, isn't it - frens and families.

p/s - i do miss me frens and "family" members who are overseas, tho. Very much! :-(

*The second single from her second album, it is also her second platinum cetified single after her hugely successful Complicated

No comments: