Monday 8 October 2007

I can hear the bells* - Nikki Blonsky

Just got off a 3 hour meeting with some people from Reading. At one point of time, this lecturer from Reading was asking us, "Can you hear the bells ringing????"

Yes, MM. Loud and clear!

No, they are not wedding bells. Nor are they bells to signal meal time! Those are alarm bells! There is so much work to do - and expectations placed upon us are so high. Don't be envious of my 9 hours of classes a week timetable.

As it is, just last week, i had to give up things which i never thought i would - like my sleep time. Or my Wednesday movie time!!!! *Gasp* I go to sleep thinking about work and i wake up very much the same way. For the first time in me life, i broke a rule which i kept for all my working life (save for those odd one or two occasions) - i brought work back home to do. I brought work back home every day last week.

It's a good thing i enjoy my job! :-)

*Taken from the movie version of the musical Hairspray and sung by what could be one of the find of the year! She's brilliant! And the song is cute!

3 comments:

Mel said...

OMG YOU HAVE MET MARTHA-MARIE!!! (she taught me jurisprudence and scares the crap out of me!!) Which other lecturer came to Malaysia?

And yes, I think that lecturers at Taylors are a generally busy lot. Good luck to you.

imissw said...

MM is here with Simone Austin-Jones. Which means that i have the week off from Family Law lectures cuz Simone's gonna do them all!

so far, MM has been alrite to me - been hearing lots of scary story bout her. maybe she's just being nice since its the first time meeting me! tomorrow may be different...

p/s - nice profile pic!

Sparkle said...

Nikki Blonsky is a great actress!! thanks for posting!!

my blog

http://rockstar-thoughts.blogspot.com/