Wednesday 17 October 2007

The nicest kids in town* - James Marsden & cast of Hairspray

It's 2 am. M'sian time.

I just read mails from mates in China and India, got a growing gift on Facebook from a Korean fren and heard from another mate (who is in Sudan now!!!). Someone else was pretty pissed off at something which i blogged about - it was just an observation i made and now, i'm the horrible judgmental person.

Wat-e-va...

You know what i love about my job? It feels like i'm back in Uni again!!! I eat close to midnite and then i work until the wee hours of the morning, reading law books, cases and articles. Dun think i'll get much sleep b4 rushing off to class later. So as i sit here in the dark, lit only by the table lamp and the screen of me laptop, i am reminded of life back in UoE - so many nites like now. The only difference is that i dun have drunk Brits making noise outside!!!! And no mates whom i can disturb by going over to their room.

But the best thing about me new job are me students. Have been spending some time wif them, both in and out of class. It's prolly unfair to the other people in the world but to me, they are the nicest bunch of students ever! I really enjoyed those times, chatting away wif them. I'm thankful to God for them and this only makes me even more motivated to make a difference in their lives.

I really hope i can do that.

*Yup, who thought that Cyclops can sing? The theme song of the Corny Colin's show in the musical, Hairspray.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Glad to know that you're having a good time teaching at Taylor's. It's such a great opportunity to reach out especially to uni students. =)

Oh, and randomly? Add me on facebook? :D

imissw said...

hey, i must tell you wat MM said about you!!!

Dun worry - she had some really nice things to say. Well done, girl! :-)

p/s - i can't find you on Facebook!! You add me, k?!