Friday 10 October 2008

The sounds of silence* - Simon and Garfunkel

10 days into the month of October and only 1 post. And that too was a hastily put together photo montage of a Liverpool match last Sunday.

No posts in Malaysia Boleh and 1 miserable post in Just another food blog.

Wonder if anyone still comes here? Perhaps all 3 faithful readers have given up hope after being greeted by the sounds of silence each time they drop by here.

It's not that i dun have things to post. No, far from it. I still have draft posts waiting to be edited and posted!!! I go thru the day composing posts - whenever interesting things happen. And in my life, there is never any shortage of such things! ;-)

But when i finally get in front of the laptop, i just dun feel like blogging! Why? Well, many reasons. One really stupid reason is i'm running out of ideas of post titles - and getting too lazy to figure out new ones! You have to take yr hat off to me for coming out with hundreds of songs as post titles - and not just random songs. It has to be songs that i know, and songs that relate directly to the post subject.

Another reason was that in view of the serious matter taking place in my beloved country - serious breaches of human rights - i just din think it was right for me to post about trivial matters. People's liberty were taking away and lives were being threatened. And here i am blogging about Mamma Mia? (no offence meant to those who have blogged about Mamma Mia in recent weeks) Or bragging about how i have passed Carina on Word Challenge? (It is a big deal to me!) Or complaining about how i miss life in the UK?

Yes, that's the other thing too - aren't you tired of reading about me whining on and on about how i miss life in the UK?

Besides that, there were so many things that i just could not make public. And altho i think only 3 people actually read this blog, it is still available to the masses and is linked on many others' blogs. So i have to be a little more discreet. And careful.

I've also been distracted - by Word Challenge!!!!! Sad, man.



Finally, i'm physically tired. All i wanna do when i get in front of the laptop at the end of the day is to just vegetate and watch House or Prison Break. Yes, blogging takes effort on me part - me not like some people who have a flair for writing and a way with words.

Classes have resumed this week. Am trying hard to readjust back. So much work to do... It's the end of the week now and i'm just taking a breather - and blog!

Maybe it'll be business back as usual. I have many blog posts in me head, waiting to be put onto the screen.

Maybe after i finish a movie. Laters!

*Paul Simon wrote this song after the assassination of John F Kennedy, trying to capture the emotional trauma of the Americans. It was this song that propelled them to popularity.

4 comments:

Gemynd said...

Am I first on your Word Challenge list? :P

I stopped playing that game because it screws me up when I'm trying to sleep.. The mind keeps giving yourself made-up anagrams to solve.. Disgusting stuff.

imissw said...

show off. you are inhuman!!!

but i know wat you mean. i was looking at one of my t-shirts with the words 'Paris' printed on it and the first thing which jumps into me head is 'Pairs'!!!!

p/s - so there more than 3 ppl reading my blog!

Anonymous said...

erm... am I the fifth that read your blog? I have the same feelings for updating blog, sometimes, it is just hard to share more personal stuffs online.
Saw your sound of white... but white shirts reminds me to secondary school students. But I really missed it. It is hard to find a pure-cotton-comfy-white-no lines-lace-blink blink decor-etc-lady shirt.

imissw said...

i think for 'normal' ppl, it wont make them look like high school kids. but for ppl like us who look young, its a different story!