Wednesday 28 January 2009

I miss you* - Haddaway

As we got ready to disembark the plane, the young man sitting in front of me was helping his father zip up his jacket - no doubt the old man never had many occasions to wear a jacket back in Malaysia.

As i looked on, i suddenly missed my father. I wished i have had a chance to take him back to London again. Sure, he came here before when i was still a student - but he had always wanted to return again. He never had the chance.

As for me, this is the fifth(?) time i'm coming to London - and i acknowledge that it is all thanks to my father that i have had so many opportunities to come to London. He paid for my first trip here to complete my studies. He paid a large amount for me to come here again to do my post-grad studies. And the money i used to pay for my subsequent trips - it was was earned as a result of the education i received here.

The best times in my life - 2006 - was experienced here. And it was all thanks to my father. And i never really thanked him specifically for that.


p/s - as i sat enjoying my English breakfast this morning, i remembered how me dad introduced me to eating bacon. And how he would have enjoyed the wonderful breakfast with me if he was here.

*One of the songs that kept me company in those cold wintry nites in 1993.

3 comments:

SaraLynn said...

Awww....this was a very sweet post

Anonymous said...

Indeed, touching post from you sir !

imissw said...

hey sara, long time no hear! hope you are doing alright!