Monday 19 January 2009

Only yesterday* - The Carpenters

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!

I thought this only happens when i'm in the UK!!! You know, with the black-out curtains and the sun forever hidden behind the gloomy wintry rain clouds, there are days when i'd wake up and wonder if it was getting brighter or getting dark.

I'm completely and totally wasted. I told the church yesterday that my fear is not that someone falls asleep during my sermon - it is if i fall asleep during my sermon!!! I told the same thing to me students this morning.

I was tired that when i got home, i turned off me mobile and went to sleep. When i woke up just now, i got a shock! It was morning oredi!!! The sun was just rising. It was 7.15 and the day was just getting brighter! I slept thru dinner - again! In fact, i set a new personal record!!!! 16 HOURS PLUS OF SLEEP!!!! UNINTERRUPTED!!!

You know wat was one of the first things which came to mind? i wondered if Liverpool beat Everton "last" night or not! I turned on me laptop to get online. Then as me it loaded, i got ready to go to work. I went downstairs.

That's strange - me mom is in the hall watching Chinese series on TV!!! At this time of the day? And why isn't she out for her morning walk?

I went to the dining and saw all the leftovers which is still there. Strange again. Me mom would have kept it all in the fridge when she woke up this morn. I hoped none of the food became bad. Then i saw the rice cooker was left on. I checked it and found a fresh batch of rice just cooked!!!

I went up to me mom and asked her why is she boiling rice - and i meant of course, why at this time of the day. She said me bro and his family are coming over to eat. What the...? For breakfast? Lunch? She cooked a meal for...

Then it dawned upon me!!!! It was 7 something IN THE EVENING!!!!! Not 7 something in the morning!!!!

Which means - it's ONLY YESTERDAY!!!! It's still Monday. It's NOT Tuesday yet. It's not time to got to work yet!!!!

Which also means... i can go back to sleep!!! Woohoo!!! And i din miss the Liverpool match!!!!


Sunrise or sunset? (File pic taken in Colchester, may 2006)

Oh... it also means i din set a new record of uninterrupted sleep. So it remains at a mere 15 hours. For now... :-(

Good night people!

*This was their 11th no. 1 song on the US Easy Listening Chart.

No comments: