Saturday 1 January 2011

Everything changes* - Take That

Eventually, over time, we all become our own doppelgangers - y'know, these...these completely different people, who just happen to look like us. "5 years ago Robin", that girl? She's pretty great. But "doppelganger Robin" - she's amazing!

Yeah, i was watching "How I Met Your Mother" early on New Year's Day - dun ask why. But i'm glad i did - cuz of that little monologue by Ted at the end of season 5. That monologue got me thinking - and got me blogging!!!!

It is so true, isn't it? Aren't we all doppelgangers of who we used to be in the past? I started thinking of where i was 5 years ago. Well, thank God for blogs!!!! I was reminded from my blog that i was at Sheffield, sharing the New Year with Kok Choong, Kevin and Vivian (see here).


Do i look the same? Definitely better back then!

5 years down the road and Kev and Viv are married, Kok Choong is gonna be my best man this year before he himself tying the knot (or biting the dust) not long after me!!!

But who was i? I was a Masters' student, living life to the fullest and without much care. How different am i today? Well, i would say VERY different. Was i pretty great back then? I would like to think so. but the more important question is compared with who i was back then, have i changed for good?

Change is inevitable - in fact i would say that it is very important. So the question is not whether we have changed, but how have we changed? For better or for worse?

OK - i need my sleep. Blessed new year, peeps!

*The title track of their second album released way back in 1993.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I used the same HIMYM quote for my end of the year post! Great minds think alike!!! =D

It's also weird how we all change(ed) so much in the past year, it's good to sit back and reflect.

Happy new year!!

imissw said...

=) great minds! can't be a coincidence!